Skip to main content

A Tribe Called Red - Electric Pow Wow Drum


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What'll likely happen in the next couple of years from Covid-19 spread

Honestly, I can't quite wrap my head around the fact governments allowed spread of misinformation that gave them cover to allow spread of this virus unchecked. Covid-19's not going to go away at this rate. Any and all mitigation efforts are left to the individual, and nary a care about society as a whole. Then again, I can believe what has happened. It's happened before, historically. Cholera was allowed to spread unchecked for decades before governments ever bothered to do anything about sanitation. TB was basically controlled on the private level and ignored on the social. Any and every virus/bacteria that could spread was allowed to spread unchecked without much effort to thwart spread from government officials. Edgar Allan Poe didn't write "The Masque of the Red Death" out of a sense of hope for what the rich and powerful were doing in regards to illness in the early 19th century, after all. No, I can believe what has happened, and quite easily. I come fro

Turkey, Russia, Syria

We've reached a new tipping point. Whether this will be localized to merely Turkey, or if it will involve numerous states (i.e., WWIII), is probably up to NATO's response to whatever Russia decides to do about Turkey. The nation of Turkey's been acting as a spoiler these past few years. A dangerous, and stupid, wildcard. It's been flooding Europe with refugees, and continually allowing radical Syrian militants safe haven within their borders. Russia probably won't attack Turkey, militarily, but instead economically. A not insignificant amount of Turkey's energy needs are met by Russian suppliers. NATO needs to find a way of appearing to have Turkey's back, while also burning Turkey's fingertips. If NATO backs Turkey unconditionally, then we're probably in for a cold and dark winter.

The way forward

I've been a in deep, deep depression these past couple years. I'm naturally manic-depressive, but I've also been genuinely sad, without an inkling of what I've needed to do in my personal life. I've been lost, and I've lost some friends. Well, I'm still lost, but I'm emerging from my sadness. I've taken a lot of time to think whilst in my funk. I'd been thinking, "How do we extricate ourselves out of this mess we've placed ourselves? What is the way forward?" I've found no answer. There's no clear path forward. There's no strategy, no long term plan that can really account for every possible setback that will occur. I suppose that's true of all plans, though. "Plans are worthless, but planning is everything." The solution then, I guess, is we need to wing it. Improvise. Get tough, and push forward. Suffer the pains from the blows we will receive, without flinching. Start moving forward to a place we wan